Going into this assignment I was very nervous about using audacity for the first time and trying to incorporate various sound effects appropriately into my narration of a folk tale. I am usually not very good at using technology without step by step guidance to figure things out, but I found myself pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to learn how to use the basic features of Audacity.
At first I struggled with getting my narration down. I was sick at the moment, making my voice very groggy. Due to this, the sound in my narration was very slow and unclear, therefore making me have to redo the narration a few days later with much better results. Once I eventually got that fixed and put the narration into audacity, everything went much smoother from there. While trying to put my first sound effect into the narration, I had a lot of difficulty figuring out how to work the different features on audacity, but I was quickly able to figure them out in order to incorporate sound effects into my narration. I found that some of the most useful tools on Audacity when trying to put sound effects into my narration without it sounding out of place were the fade in and fade out effects. This made the sounds feel less forced and aid to the story, rather than taking away from it.
Overall, I found Act II of the Folk/Fairy Tale project to be very different from anything I have had to do before, but it also helped me a lot in learning how to use different types of media in ways that could be useful in the future.